Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blame it upon







A Rush of Blood to the Head.




I know this album was release years ago but I fell in love with the title track. And I'm so glad Sharanya lend me Viva La Vida and Prospekts. It made me listen to all of their previous works. And one particular song was just so hauntingly beautiful.

I never really "studied" lyrics but for some reason I decided to try and interpret the lyrics. Well a lot of people say he's burning the house down because of all the horrible things that had took part in that place. Some say he thinks the place is the problem in the relationship so he's burning it down to make things right. Other say it's a suicide pact because of "stand here beside me baby in the crumbling walls..."

I think the guy is sick (not coughing, fever sick). More like mentally unhealthy? Always acting on impulse. The guy must be acting on impulse and he's having problems in his relationship because of that. So then he had another impulse to burn the place down on hope that it will save his relationship. OR maybe the girl was traumatized in that place" Do back the things it did to you in return", so the guy is willing to do anything for her. By burning the place he thinks that that's what she wants".. fill your heart's desires" . He is even willing to start a war if she tells him what to fight for. And all of this actions is because the rush of blood to the head.

Get to the chorus, the girl starting to move on. And the guy is devastated. He's desperately telling her that he had changed and all his mistakes are forever gone. But people around the girl say to keep moving on and leave him, "start as you mean to go on."


He burnt the place down. Some people laugh (maybe they lost their minds) and some cried because on the burning. But the girl just sit there and wondered why he did it. In his defence he reciting again he'll do whatever he will do for her and he blame his action on the rush of blood to the head.

The ending of the song is really sad, eventhough is predictable but still it's just so touching.




So meet me by the bridge, meet me by the lane


When am I going to see that pretty face again


Meet me on the road, meet me where I said

Blame it all upon


A rush of blood to the head


The girl finally sum up all her courage to leave him. And the guy waits for her in places he said he will be, just dreaming of the day when he sees her face again.






I just had to let it out, I don't know why. I'm just so into the song and I guess I made a little plotline for it. I'm catching on Sze Yan's chessyness but I don't care. Because of this song I'm willing to be cheese.


Oh god this is what happen when you're on a blogging hiatus.

No comments: