Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Kite Runner (Movie)

It's wonderful, although no movie could do justice to the book. Like any other movie based on a book, it did change some of the scenes in the movie. But nonetheless, I think it's worth watching. It came out in December 2007.But I don't care.

I think the book is a thousand times better because it explains the emotion that went through Amir and has more depth in it. My opinion, it lacked the gut wrenching emotion that I felt while I read the book, the regret and pain that he suffered was missing. But it has some scenes that made me cringe and cry. I cried while reading Hassan's letter in the book and I still cried seeing it in the movie.


Hassan and Amir sitting by the pomegranate tree.


I don't want to give you the details of the movie because I want you to see it for yourself, and for those who haven't read it yet, Duh! Go BUY the DVD and read it IMMEDIATELY. Final saying, The Kite Runner is a beautiful movie about friendship and had me evaluate myself. Am I good person? Would I sacrifice such length for my friends? It's touching. So watch it.


Amir and Sohrab.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Akum said...

Ok.. am rushing over to the video store.. stop shouting. LOL! Seriously i'll be watching that movie this weekend!