Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Jackson Pollock :)

Dear readers of my blog, again if theres any but anyhooser people. Since today Google Logo is in the style of Jackson Pollock, I'll write about him. And I scratched my head trying to remember why Pollock sounds so darn familiar, well I know why because of the Alaskan Pollock, it's a fish. Out of topic.

The most obvious thing that you'll notice about Pollock's artwork is the splatter a.k.a the drip technique. obviously. Usually I don't understand with abstract artwork. I would usually pay less attention to abstract but I like Jackson Pollock's artwork. Probably because of the colours he uses and it's interesting to look at. Unlike some abstract that I have witness I truly could not comprehend but then again one man's trash is another man's treasure. So art truly depends on the person. Why do I sound so serious? Bottom line Jackson Pollock has some kick ass splatter that he can generate a hefty amount of income. Daaymn. Man, lucky dude.

"My painting does not come from the easel. I prefer to tack the unstretched canvas to the hard wall or the floor. I need the resistance of a hard surface. On the floor I am more at ease. I feel nearer, more part of the painting, since this way I can walk around it, work from the four sides and literally be in the painting."-Jackson Pollock,

Thank you wikipedia you are the bomb.




The “Full Fathom Five” painting shown here is considered one of Pollock’s key action-paintings, and while it is done primarily with oil paint, it also includes actual objects such as nails, tacks, coins, buttons, and even cigarettes. These items are integrated with the paint to add to the physical texture of the piece.


I envy him because whenever people would mention him, he is synonymous with the drip technique and he is famous because of that. So that's his trademark. Just like Andy Warhol with his Pop Art. I want to have my own trademark : Hurmm Have to think about it. I wish I was a painter :( Maybe, just maybe in the near future.

Create your own Jackson Pollock Artwork here,www.jacksonpollock.org/

Dudes and Dudettes, going now.

No comments: